If you love a particular painting, but it has been sold or in the wrong size, I can paint a similar art piece for you.
You may want to have a similar style of painting that I have done to commission a work of art that has more meaning to you. Please contact me to discuss options.
Original Pet Portraits:
- All drawings and paintings are rendered from well chosen photographs, usually a minimum of three.
- Any discussions on the "personality" or event of the subject will help to ensure the best possible likeness and your satisfaction.
- Commissioning a portrait of your pet or other animal subject is a special way to immortalize them and capture the spirit of your beloved furry friend.
- I will do my utmost to accomodate an urgent request; however, to ensure that your work is completed by a specific date, I should be contacted well in advance of any deadline.
- Typically works will take between 2-4 weeks (pencil, pen & ink) and 2-4 months (oil) from receipt of request/photographs and deposit. Oil paintings take much longer as I must allow for proper drying to ship.
- I will provide a very basic sketch (via e-mail) to ensure we are in agreement of the composition.
- SUBJECT PHOTOS -photos of your pet should be taken outside, if possible, in moderate sunlight and without flash (as flash washes out color and eliminates highlights and shadows). They should also be in focus, clear and close up.
- I will accept the client's own photographs and those of a professional photographer (provided the client either owns the copyright or has a written copyright release).
- Discussions should be held if there are to be any variances from the photographs given. For example, in EQUINE photographs, you may want to remove the bridle or add a halter or winning ribbon.
- Photos of your CANINE or FELINE should be taken at eye level or lower.
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.